IVOA Support Interfaces 1.1

Major, Brian Brian.Major at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Thu Jun 18 11:07:52 CEST 2015

Small correction: consistency comes with matching the model, so I meant to support option 1, not 2...
Brian

On 2015-06-18, at 9:59 AM, Brian Major wrote:

Hi grid,

In support of a more scalable VOSI /tables interface, we will start a 1.1 WD of the IVOA Support Interface document.

There is, however, one issue that remains:  whether or not to include the $dbSchema segment in the rest interface to the new /table endpoint.  An initial email thread of a discussion of this point can be seen here:

http://mail.ivoa.net/pipermail/grid/2015-May/002728.html

Should the REST endpoint match the, potentially flawed, XML model which includes the dbSchema (option 1), or should we try to correct the new /table REST endpoint now and fix the XML model later? (option 2).  (If I've misunderstood the arguments please correct me.)

My preference is for consistency so vote option 2, but I'd like to hear opinions from the wider grid community so please state your opinions.

Regards,
Brian