Correct UWS interpretation

Paul Harrison paul.harrison at manchester.ac.uk
Tue May 24 23:40:06 PDT 2011

I think that reaching the PENDING state does imply that  the UWS has checked the job details for trivial validation errors - however it is clear that in some cases the full validity of a job cannot be discovered until an attempt is made to EXECUTE, so a client should not assume just because a job has reached the PENDING state that there will be no errors on EXECUTING - it is unlikely to make this assumption anyway, as there is always the possibility of run-time errors.

So the effect of the above statements is that it is really up to the UWS as to how much validation it does before reaching the PENDING state.

Cheers,
	Paul.