UWS 1.0 suggestions

Christophe Arviset Christophe.Arviset at esa.int
Tue Nov 24 09:53:15 PST 2009

Matthew, Paul

Thanks to Paul for his clear summary and thanks to Petr for accepting them.
So, let's move to the next step, ie TCG review.

Thanks

Christophe

Petr Skoda wrote:

> I have just finished my comments,
>
> However I am giving up ;-) in order to let the UWS become an official
> standard ASAP
>
> In fact part of my comment were concerning the clarification of some
> issues and some were rather utopic ideas to make a client in web
> browser as comfortable as possible.
>
> We will try to prototype our service (VO-KOREL) to stay within limit
> of current specification of UWS while trying to test new features as
> well (requiring changes in UWS schema) --- here I see great potential
> of the parameters behind the question mark ---  and will see how much
> is this in conflict.
>
> Anyway the ideas for new version of UWS was laid and I hope that the
> discussion will go about it - after more implementation of UWS
> are seen and experience with them obtained (- maybe the TAP is a good
> driver).
>

> Best regards,
>
> Petr

> *  Petr Skoda                         Phone : +420-323-649201, ext. 361 *
> *  Stellar Department                         +420-323-620361           *
> *  Astronomical Institute AS CR       Fax   : +420-323-620250           *
> *  251 65 Ondrejov                    e-mail: skoda at sunstel.asu.cas.cz  *
> *  Czech Republic                                                       *

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Christophe

Christophe ARVISET                       Christophe.Arviset at esa.int

European Space Agency (ESA)
European Space Astronomy Centre (ESAC)
Science Operations Department
Science Archives and Computer Support Engineering Unit

P.O. Box 78
28691 Villanueva de la Canada                 Tel: +34 91 813 12 78
Madrid - SPAIN                                Fax: +34 91 813 13 08

This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee or addressees only. The
unauthorised disclosure, use, dissemination or copying (either in whole or in part) of its content
is prohibited. If you received this message in error, please delete it from your system and notify
the sender. E-mails can be altered and their integrity cannot be guaranteed. ESA shall not be liable
for any e-mail if modified.