TAP Implementation Issues: Final Comment: TAP and UWS, sync and async

Tom McGlynn Thomas.A.McGlynn at nasa.gov
Fri Nov 6 10:19:56 PST 2009

Hi Guy,

You're absolutely right that what I said doesn't work!

I'll still be doing essentially what I said, but I'm taking advantage of
the fact that my Web interface is simply a wrapper around a CLI
interface, and the CLI interface isn't subject to HTTP timeouts.
[That's true for SkyView too, so I could do the same there.]  So this
has been valuable for me, since it will help me build my implementation
more cleanly, but it's not going to work generally and this last
exchange was a waste of everyone else's time. Thanks for setting me
straight.

With egg on face I am respectfully yours,
	Tom