Versioning

Doug Tody dtody at nrao.edu
Thu Jul 2 11:39:35 PDT 2009

Only changes which are not backwards compatible should require an increment
to the major version number.  In particular, if new stuff is added that
does not change old stuff, that is a minor revision.

Note that versioning and version checking is already codified in the
DAL standards, based upon the documentation version standard we have
had for the past few years.  If the server and client disagree on the
major version number that is an error condition.  What we have below
is still consistent with this practice.

 	- Doug