UWS 0.4

Patrick Dowler patrick.dowler at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Wed Jun 11 16:35:18 PDT 2008

I find one part of the UWS a bit odd. It says that DELETE to the job resource
deletes it (fine), but that a POST to that resource also deletes it.

When one creates a job (POST to the job list) some parameters can be included
(presumably service-specific params). I would have assumed that one could
POST more params to the job resource itself and have them treated the same
way (at last up until a POST to the phase resource to start it executing).

This would allow a client to, for example:

- POST to the job list (create a job, along with some parameters)
- GET the quote
- decide where the output should go (long quote == not my laptop :)
- POST to the job with dest=<something>
- POST to the phase

It also just doesn't seem RESTy that POST would delete something. Is there a
reason for this? A good one?

curious,

--

Patrick Dowler
Tel/Tél: (250) 363-6914                  | fax/télécopieur: (250) 363-0045