Delegations protocol

Guy Rixon guyrixon at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 06:30:11 PDT 2008

Hi All,

reading through the spec for the delegations protocol (http://
www.ivoa.net/Documents/cover/CredentialDelegation-20080715.html),
I've spotted an omission: I didn't put in the details of the
registration. Here's what we discussed briefly in Trieste, redacted
into spec-speak by me:

"A registered service supporting the delegations protocol shall
include in its registration document a capability element for that
protocol. The element shall be of type  {http://www.ivoa.net/xml/
VOResource/v1.0}Capability (i.e. a generic capability, with no
structure specific to the delegation protocol). The capability shall
include one interface of type ParamHTTP in which the AccessURL
element points to the web resource that is the list of delegations.
The standardID value for the capability shall be ivo://ivoa.net/std/
Delegation" .

OK? If there are no objections, I shall add that to the text at the
first oppurtunity.

Cheers,
Guy