VOSI v0.3

Guy Rixon gtr at ast.cam.ac.uk
Tue May 15 20:49:37 PDT 2007

Hi,

another late change in VOSI. Following an intense debate in DAL-WG, it has
become clear that DAL services are not going to adopt VOSI 0.26. They seem
happy with the availability interface from VOSI 0.26. Therefore, since DAL is
the most-important place to use VOSI, I have drafted VOSI v0.3 in which
DAL-style getCapability replaces getRegistration and getMetadata. This is now
the bid for 1.0 WD. Please let me know if you agree with this change - it will
be debated on Friday and, if I don't hear objections there or by email, will
become the public WD.

Regards,
Guy

Guy Rixon 				        gtr at ast.cam.ac.uk
Institute of Astronomy   	                Tel: +44-1223-337542
Madingley Road, Cambridge, UK, CB3 0HA		Fax: +44-1223-337523