role of the registry

Tony Linde Tony.Linde at leicester.ac.uk
Tue May 8 09:29:05 PDT 2007

 > metadata stores or we can separate these and keep the registry simple
 > and create a different kind of infrastructure for the data dictionary

I have no problem with conceiving of splitting the location and
description roles of the registry but let's not kill the registry
*before* we've implemented its replacement.

T.

--
Tony Linde
Phone:  +44 (0)116 223 1292    Mobile: +44 (0)785 298 8840
Fax:    +44 (0)116 252 3311    Email:  Tony.Linde at leicester.ac.uk
Post:   Department of Physics & Astronomy,
         University of Leicester
         Leicester, UK   LE1 7RH
Web:    http://www.star.le.ac.uk/~ael

Project Manager, EuroVO VOTech   http://eurovotech.org