role of the registry

Matthew Graham mjg at cacr.caltech.edu
Tue May 8 09:15:36 PDT 2007

Hi,

I'm inclined to agree with Bob. We invented the registry as an
alternative to UDDI, which did not do exactly what we wanted, for
resource discovery and not as a generic metadata store. As I have said
before, we can overload the registry concept and use the existing
infrastructure (plus some epicyclic extensions) to provide general
metadata stores or we can separate these and keep the registry simple
and create a different kind of infrastructure for the data dictionary stuff.

    Cheers,

    Matthew