GWS at Moscow interop

Guy Rixon gtr at ast.cam.ac.uk
Sat Sep 9 01:57:07 PDT 2006

Hi all,

GWS0-WG has three 1.5-hr sessions at the interop. See

  http://www.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/InterOpSep2006

for times and the overlaps with other WG.

I propose to dedicate one session to VOSpace (which has the final 1.0 and the
nascent 1.x extensions to discuss) and spead VOBP, VOSI, SSO, UWS reports over
the other two.

VOSpace progress was reported to EuroVO VOTech this week; see

   http://wiki.eurovotech.org/twiki/bin/view/VOTech/DS3PlanningStage04

It seems reasonable to represent this for discussion to the wider audience,
but with more information on NVO's work. If there's been any VOSpace work
outside AstroGrid, ESO and Caltech, then we'd love to hear about it.

Input is invited for the other sessions, preferably in the form of short
(5-15 minute) presentations and/or demos, but we can take other input as well:
oral contributions from the floor, or emails to the list which I will try to
summarize. These are the items that I know about already:

 - VO Support Interfaces report; possible promotion to 1.0 WD

 - UWS progress: UWS-PA "strawman"; demo; suggested update to UWS pattern

 - SSO: report on AstroGrid progress

Please mail the list of you want to speak.

I can't find a list of people attending the Interop, so it would be useful if
you could email this list if you plan to attend the GWS sessions.

Cheers,
Guy

Guy Rixon 				        gtr at ast.cam.ac.uk
Institute of Astronomy   	                Tel: +44-1223-337542
Madingley Road, Cambridge, UK, CB3 0HA		Fax: +44-1223-337523