Logging question/suggestion

KevinBenson kmb at mssl.ucl.ac.uk
Thu May 25 06:24:04 PDT 2006

Yep that is essentially what I was thinking something like a simple
callback or polling mechanism.  The UWS spec does specify what are the
interface methods namely createJob, startJob, resumeJob, destroy, and
GetResourceProperty(for polling); so a client could easily interface
with this UWS and be able to call and poll the "job" which in this case
is some logging query that eventually goes to vospace.  Though I have
not really thought about the JDL much in this scenario.

Yep e-mail might still be nice granted I would rather see this
machine/automated client that kicks off a bunch of logging
request/queries for harvest to all the many VO services give me "one"
nice e-mail that said here are the services that succeeded, here are the
ones that failed, and here is a URL to a really nice constructed graph
of all the VO activity :)    versus the potential of a single e-mail
from each of the logging services.  Unfortunately I think you could only
recommend that idea for clients not require it.

cheers,
Kevin