UWS v0.2

Guy Rixon gtr at ast.cam.ac.uk
Thu May 11 09:48:29 PDT 2006

Hi,

I have attached to the GWS wiki-page
(http://www.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/IvoaGridAndWebServices) the v0.2
draft of the Universal Worker Service standard.

This document is a complete rewrite of the v0.1 draft in response to Roy's
concernes that the purpose and role of UWS was not being explained
sufficiently clearly. Instead of adding more normative text, I have extended
the description and added four partially-worked examples of how the UWS patten
could be applied. I now hope to work up one or more of those examples as
separate standards that lead to real implementations.

The UWS pattern itself hasn't changed much.

We shall discuss this on Monday in Victoria. See you there.

Guy

Guy Rixon 				        gtr at ast.cam.ac.uk
Institute of Astronomy   	                Tel: +44-1223-337542
Madingley Road, Cambridge, UK, CB3 0HA		Fax: +44-1223-337523