Access control use-cases

Norman Gray norman at astro.gla.ac.uk
Tue Jul 11 03:32:15 PDT 2006

Markus, hello.

On 2006 Jul 10 , at 13.59, Markus Dolensky wrote:

> Just for your information: ESO is in the process of becoming a
> Registration Authority for its staff members and is adopting the
> academic policy of the global IGTF (www.gridpma.org) through its
> European branch EUGridPMA. This implies use of X.509 certificates
> which appears to be in line with the authorization packages that
> you evaluated.

Thanks for this link -- that's useful to know.

I think that a realistic authorisation mechanism would have to be
able to talk to the X.509 world.  But not exclusively: in some cases
it would be necessary to understand SAML assertions from Shibboleth,
and probably interact with LDAP servers, too.

See you,

Norman

----
Norman Gray  /  http://nxg.me.uk
eurovotech.org  /  University of Leicester, UK