Access control use-cases

Norman Gray norman at astro.gla.ac.uk
Fri Jul 7 10:46:20 PDT 2006

Greetings,

I'm going to be doing some work on access control and authorisation,
initially within the AstroGrid context, but it would I hope be
applicable more broadly.  I'm gathering use-cases, and have a few
collected at <http://wiki.eurovotech.org/twiki/bin/view/VOTech/
AccessControlUseCases>.  Some of these were extracted from this
list's archives.  If I've missed your favourite one, please do
shout.  Or if I've missed your least-favourite, most headache-
inducing, one.

I was talking recently to some folk who are working on policy
management (partly, though not exclusively, in the context of the
semantic web).  They seemed rather dismayed at how simple most use-
cases were, since they were aiming at a pretty powerful system.

So let rip.  The ones I've got so far are probably fairly easily
manageable (in terms of the logic and delegation involved, rather
than necessarily their implementation in a live system).

Thanks!

Norman

----
Norman Gray  /  http://nxg.me.uk
eurovotech.org  /  University of Leicester, UK