Updated VOSupportInterfaces spec

Andre Schaaff schaaff at newb6.u-strasbg.fr
Thu Nov 3 12:02:04 PST 2005

Hello Ani and all grid list people,

Quoting Ani Thakar <thakar at skysrv.pha.jhu.edu>:

> Hi all,
>
> I've posted an updated VO Support Interfaces draft spec, version 0.23
> at:

> However, I note that the current draft spec contains identical
> language, "All VO services *should* implement ..." for all the current
> support interfaces, mandatory and non-mandatory.  I guess this should be
>
> changed to "must implement" for the mandatory interfaces, right?

Questions concerning VO Support Interfaces and VO Basic Profile :
is it necessary to put the rules MUST-SHOULD-.... in the first document ?
it is perhaps a source of confusion if rules are enumerated both in the two
documents ?
it could be better to describe only the list of support interfaces in VO SP and
to give the rules (and to explain how to implement each rule) in the VO BP

André

--
André Schaaff
Observatoire Astronomique