Updated VOSupportInterfaces spec

Ani Thakar thakar at skysrv.pha.jhu.edu
Thu Nov 3 09:30:30 PST 2005

Hi all,

I've posted an updated VO Support Interfaces draft spec, version 0.23
at:

http://www.ivoa.net/internal/IVOA/IvoaGridAndWebServices/VOSupportInterfaces-0.23.pdf

This includes changes to the logging interfaces to fix some missing
information as well as to update the interfaces to send output to a
logging VOStore.   This part will still need tweaking before it is
finalized, of course.  I've also added a note about access/security for
the logging VOStore.

I posted the WSDL for the updated services in VOSupportInterfaces.wsdl,
but I noticed that there were 2 WSDL documents for the support
interfaces: VObsServices.wsdl which contains the getAvailability and
registry metadata interfaces, and the other one containing the logging
interfaces.  Since the latter are non-mandatory, I've updated the
support interfaces section to include both WSDL files, one for mandatory
support interfaces and the other for non-mandatory (logging) interfaces.
I updated the comment in the VObsServices.wsdl file to reflect the fact
that the logging WSDL was in a separate document.

However, I note that the current draft spec contains identical
language, "All VO services *should* implement ..." for all the current
support interfaces, mandatory and non-mandatory.  I guess this should be
changed to "must implement" for the mandatory interfaces, right?

Please send me comments, questions if you have any.  Cheers.

	Ani

--
Aniruddha R Thakar,  Research Scientist,  The Sloan Digital Sky Survey
Ctr for Astrophys Sci, JHU, 3701 San Martin Dr Baltimore MD 21218-2695