VOstore -- context document?

Roy Williams roy at cacr.caltech.edu
Thu May 5 10:34:56 PDT 2005

Guy Rixon wrote:

>the main AstroGrid usage is simple. In an executing job, each job step is a
>filter that maps zero or more inputs to zero or more outputs.

Can I simplistically say this?

(1) We both want single signon security.

(2) VOStore services are avialable through SOAP only

(3) Astrogrid wants reliable, asynchronous, third-party transfer as a
priority.

(4) NVO priority is to have table structure as a primitive concept,
interoperable between multiple formats, including CSV and VOTable.

(5) The other VO projects are waiting for US and UK to agree and make a
consistent presentation of VOStore context/meaning/reasoning