MSO and multiple communities

Clive Page cgp at star.le.ac.uk
Tue Jul 6 06:55:06 PDT 2004

I think this discussion is getting very confused because

(1) We are all using the same words but meaning completely different
things by them, especially: account, community, group, user,
log-in, warrant, certificate, maybe token.  And which is a member of
which.

(2) There's a delay of 15 to 30 minutes or more on the ivoa mail server,
so messages cross frequently, tangling replies.

Please can somebody post the IVOA WG agreed meaning of the terms, if such
exists? Only then can we start to have a rational discussion.

--
Clive Page
Dept of Physics & Astronomy,