MSO and multiple communities

Martin Hill mchill at dial.pipex.com
Tue Jul 6 06:33:03 PDT 2004

Alasdair Allan wrote:

> I think it's vital for one user "account" to be allowed to be a member of
> more than one community (think unix groups model here)...

Or rather, it's vital for one user 'account' to be allowed to be a member of
more than one group (just like unix group models... :-)

Communities (I gather?) are to do with who issues the certificates; ie who
trusts who.  Groups are about permissions to do things once that trust has been
established.

I remember vaguely this discussion well over a year ago; it was going to be a
real pain to try and make the *same* account work across different communities,
which is why there are groups.  Of course, things have changed since then...

--
Martin Hill
www.mchill.net