Multiple sign-on

Tony Linde ael at star.le.ac.uk
Tue Jul 6 02:25:30 PDT 2004

I think it would be fatal to assume multiple community accounts per user
identity. Why on earth would we want it? The whole idea is to have a single
identity/account and for that to be valid at all locations.

The user will gather multiple privileges from belonging to multiple groups,
not multiple communities. Belonging to a community will confer no privileges
on a user. Just because I register my account through Leicester does not
mean I have any rights over any data. I only gather those rights by being
granted membership of various groups.

MSO really must be avoided or we'll end up in a complete mess.

Cheers,
Tony.