Free Certification Authority

Guy Rixon gtr at ast.cam.ac.uk
Fri Jul 2 06:22:31 PDT 2004

Interesting.  I see that one still has to show up in person (where?) with
physical ID. This kind of physical registration step was considered to rule
out the UK e-Science CA for VO work.

I guess that CAcert is only relevant for the VO work if users already have the
certificates before coming to use the VO.

Note that users with CAcert credentials would still need to register somewhere
in the VO in order to get authorized.  Having an identity is not quite the
same thing as having an account.

Guy Rixon 				        gtr at ast.cam.ac.uk
Institute of Astronomy   	                Tel: +44-1223-337542
Madingley Road, Cambridge, UK, CB3 0HA		Fax: +44-1223-337523