WS-Addressing & accrefs

Guy Rixon gtr at ast.cam.ac.uk
Mon Jan 26 03:26:52 PST 2004

Hi,

we will need, sometime soon, a web-service equivalent of the access-reference
in SIAP.  The current accref is a HTTP-GET URL with request parameters
embedded, so doesn't work for SOAP services.

The recent proposed-standard WS-Addressing
(http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-add/)
defines an XML vocabulary for representing WS endpoints.  It's designed to add
routing information to SOAP headers, but we could use it to add accrefs to
SOAP bodies. Possibly better than writing our own standard.

Guy Rixon 				        gtr at ast.cam.ac.uk
Institute of Astronomy   	                Tel: +44-1223-337542
Madingley Road, Cambridge, UK, CB3 0HA		Fax: +44-1223-337523