Registry Interface and SOAP versions

Guy Rixon gtr at ast.cam.ac.uk
Tue Dec 14 00:41:20 PST 2004

The intention is to follow the WS-I profile for interoperability. Their
current "basic profile" is v1.1, available at

http://www.ws-i.org/Profiles/BasicProfile-1.1-2004-08-24.html

It says:

"This section of the Profile incorporates the following specifications by
reference, and defines extensibility points within them:

    * Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) 1.1 [...]"

So yes, SOAP 1.1 please. The timing of a move to SOAP 1.2 would depend on
WS-I.  I'll investigate.

Cheers,
Guy

Guy Rixon 				        gtr at ast.cam.ac.uk
Institute of Astronomy   	                Tel: +44-1223-337542
Madingley Road, Cambridge, UK, CB3 0HA		Fax: +44-1223-337523