Rough agenda for the meeting on Thursday

Guy Rixon gtr at ast.cam.ac.uk
Fri Oct 10 09:41:25 PDT 2003

This is all still negotiable...send me email if you don't like it.
I've put down names of people who might introduce some of the topics: i.e. a
couple of minutes verbal intriduction, not a long presentation.

Meeting of Web/Grid services groups of IVOA
Thursday, 16th October 2003
14:00 to 16:00

1. Brief review of who's using which technology (Rixon)

2. Cone-search web service (Alasdair
 - Do we want one distinct from an ADQL service?
 - Do we want it to deal in variable equinox, epoch etc.?

3. Metadata service (Wil O'Mullane)
 - What role do we see for it?

4. What other standard services does IVOA need?
 - What are we missing?
 - What exists already in projects that needs to be made standard?

5. Can we use grid services? (Rixon)
 - Can we migrate everything to OGSI services?
 - Can we add a few OGSI services into a web-service architecture?
 - WS-GAF vs OGSI

6. Pan-service issues
 - How should a service react to a query it can't answer exactly?
 - What interface style? XML documents? "SOAPy beans"? RPCs?

7. AOB.

Guy Rixon 				        gtr at ast.cam.ac.uk
Institute of Astronomy   	                Tel: +44-1223-337542
Madingley Road, Cambridge, UK, CB3 0HA		Fax: +44-1223-337523