VOTable class

Matthew Graham mjg at cacr.caltech.edu
Fri Dec 12 09:06:23 PST 2003

Hi,

> This may sound a bit strange but we're passing VOTables around as XML documents
> :-) ie based on the schema.  That way we don't have to worry about what object
> model is being used by the client - or even if the client is java at all.

That is true but it is not just the metadata I want access to but the
actual data as well and with big files people will not want to have to
handle big XML files so how do you then handle whether the VOTable
contains binary or FITS? If you use a dedicated class for this then this
is easier :-)

	Matthew