Some MIVOT news with our best wishes for this new year

Laurent Michel laurent.michel at astro.unistra.fr
Thu Jan 12 11:38:35 CET 2023

Dear DM.

The model mapping syntax (MIVOT) is on a good track and we encourage you  to review (and  to vote for  the TGC members).

    https://github.com/ivoa-std/ModelInstanceInVot/i <https://github.com/ivoa-std/ModelInstanceInVot/issues/176>

There is still an open question on which we would like some feedback.

In the current proposal, the mapping block must be the first child of a RESOURCE.
As Markus noticed, this statement breaks the DALI standard which requires INFO and
DESCRIPTION to be on the head of the host RESOURCE.

We have to options to fix this:
    1- Put the MIVOT block in a specific RESOURCE at type=meta located anywhere in between the top of the host resource and the data table
    2- Forcing the MIVOT block to be at the bottom of the host resource, after the data then.

• option #1 allows to use the mapping in streaming mode since FIELD references can be resolved before iterating over the table rows
  but it is a burden for the DACHS implementation.
• option #2 does not allow to use the mapping in streaming mode but it is easier to implement in DACHS.

The issue is discussed here https://github.com/ivoa-std/ModelInstanceInVot/issues/176 <https://github.com/ivoa-std/ModelInstanceInVot/issues/176>

Personally I lean toward option #1.

Do you have any comment or suggestion on that topic ?

Laurent

—
Translate with https: //www.deepl.com/translator
--
jesuischarlie/Tunis/Paris/Bruxelles/Berlin

Laurent Michel
SSC XMM-Newton
Tél : +33 (0)3 68 85 24 37
Fax : +33 (0)3 )3 68 85 24 32