MIVOT: fully qualified attribute names

Markus Demleitner msdemlei at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Feb 23 08:31:03 CET 2023

Hi Pat,

On Wed, Feb 22, 2023 at 11:00:32AM -0800, Patrick Dowler wrote:
> two attributes with the same name. I wrote a test case, made sure I had the
> latest vodml xsd and sch files, and that validation was working (if I make
> the vodml-id values the same, validation fails).
>
> test case attached.
>
> thoughts?

I'm all for forbidding two attributes with the same name within a
class, but I suspect that could be tricky to express in schematron
(but that's a mere guess).

Looking back, having vodml-id-s in the first place certainly was a
mistake inviting this kind of error.   Of course, it seemed a good
idea at the time because of the long history of utypes.  But
hindsight is always 20/20 (um... no, it's not).

         -- Markus