SDM evolution roadmap

CresitelloDittmar, Mark mdittmar at cfa.harvard.edu
Thu Jul 21 20:22:55 CEST 2022

Hi,

Follow-up on the UCD topic.  I've started a new Issue in the repository
<https://github.com/ivoa-std/SpectrumDM/issues/5> for this, so it can be
worked outside of the structural model changes.
The primary objective is to select the proper terms for the new elements..
I'm not sure if we need to go outside this list for that, but I'm hoping
Vandana and Petr can get some review on this and provide feedback.

The following shows the UCDs put into this PR, and the suggested values per
the UCD Builder utility.

   - Data.SpectralAxis.order => "instr.order"
   - Data.SpectralAxis.relorder => "instr.order"
      - UCD builder suggests: "stat.variance;instr.order" for both, though
      "instr.order" can stand on its own.
   - Data.FluxAxis.Accuracy.LowerLimit =>
   "stat.error.phot.flux.density;em.*;stat.min" (Same as StatErrorLow)
      - UCD builder suggests:
         - "statistical lower limit" -> "stat.value;stat.min"
         - "detection lower limit" -> "instr.saturation;stat.min"
      - Data.FluxAxis.Accuracy.UpperLimit =>
   "stat.error.phot.flux.density;em.*;stat.max" (Same as StatErrorHigh)
      - UCD builder suggests:
         - "statistical upper limit" -> "stat.value;stat.max"
         - "detection upper limit" -> "instr.saturation;stat.max"

Mark