DM Workshop report

Laurent Michel laurent.michel at astro.unistra.fr
Wed Jun 16 15:35:24 CEST 2021

Dear all,

I wrote a short report on the DM workshop

     https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ivoa/dm-usecases/main/doc/tex/report-note.pdf

The conclusions are copied below, so that no need to open the PDF.

We are now working with Gerard and Mark CD on a joined proposal for the syntax.
I hope to be able to present the outcomes of this big job during a running meeting within a couple of weeks.

Laurent

====== Conclusions ==================================
5.1 What Worked Very Well

	• Data contained in all 5 use-cases can be modelled with existing models

	• The 2 annotation syntaxes have been used with success

	• All APIs have been able to process all annotations.

	• It has been demonstrated that Enabling AstroPy or PyVo to work with annotated data is feasible without breaking the regular data access.

5.2 What Has to Be Improved

	• The connection of PhotDM with Meas/Coordinate/Mango/Cube has to be tuned. This is a pending issue while the PhotDM VODML/XML has not be released.

	• Some update of Meas/Coordinate have been suggested, especially for the sky positions (see RFC2 page).

	• Some class rearrangements have been proposed in the MANGO Pa- rameters.

5.3 What Has to Be Discussed

	• It is very desirable to finally have one syntax. There are ongoing discussions to merge both proposals

	• Extending our models to cover new use cases
—
Translate with https://www.deepl.com/translator
--
jesuischarlie/Tunis/Paris/Bruxelles/Berlin

Laurent Michel
SSC XMM-Newton
Tél : +33 (0)3 68 85 24 37
Fax : +33 (0)3 )3 68 85 24 32