DM Workshop wrap-up

BONNAREL FRANCOIS francois.bonnarel at astro.unistra.fr
Fri Jul 16 19:14:35 CEST 2021

Hi all,
     Considering the VOTAble schema versioning issue, with the "import"
of a mapping syntax which may evoluate on its own I wonder i something
like the following could work.
     1 ) in next VOTABLE schema version, create a "VODML" tag inside
VOTable of type "anyType" (minoccurs = 0 of course)
     2 ) in VOTABLE documents type this VODML tag with an
xsi:type="mapping:VODML-type" , with "mapping" xmlns defined as the last
version of the mapping xml schema (can be done with attributes of the
VODML tag)
     3 ) as far as I remember this would make the two schemata
independant and does not require that VOTABLE documents import the
mapping schema

Do you think it could work ?

Cheers
François