SpecDM/SEDDM status

Igor Chilingarian chil at sai.msu.ru
Fri Jun 5 11:35:57 CEST 2020

Hi

I must have missed all the action over the last years...

We are preparing a major data release with my team in Moscow. It will
include a lot of stellar spectra + broadband SEDs. I'm wondering about the
current status of SED DM / SpecDMv2. The IVOA web-site lists SpecDMv2 as
"cancelled" and SED DM as "idle". It's strange because SpecDMv2 was at the
PR stage from what I understand.

What standard should we try to be compliant with? What we want is a
description of FITS serialization -- we need to adjust our web-based
spectrum visualizer to handle the right fields in the table.

Thanks!

With best regards,
Igor