Primitive types in the ivoa package

CresitelloDittmar, Mark mdittmar at cfa.harvard.edu
Mon Jun 1 16:33:55 CEST 2020

Laurent,

I missed this thread earlier..
I'm sure you are moving along, but thought I'd add my experience.

The messages against using Quantity as an attribute because it is not
primitive, is a Modelio thing.
So.. bottom line, you can ignore it.

To complicate things
  * I have the 'primitive' flag turned on for the IVOA package DataTypes in
my modelio projects
    o this made those warnings go away with no consequences
  * HOWEVER: you can only do that on 'imported' models
    o I believe you will still get the warning from DataTypes you define in
your own model that are being used as attributes.
    o If you flag those as 'primitive', then the xslt processing will
ignore any of their content, which is not what you want for your defined
DataTypes
  * It has been a while, but I think that I eventually told Modelio to
ignore that warning, and not report it.  That way, I can do the audit
without seeing messages I don't care about.

Mark