Transf WD Euler transformation

Laurent MICHEL laurent.michel at astro.unistra.fr
Thu Apr 2 14:31:38 CEST 2020

Dear,

My comment #1: Why is the Euler Transformation class so complex?

- It is always a 3D transformation, this there is no reason to setup a
1-* aggregation with angles.

- Euler angles (nutation, rotation, intrinsic rotation) are well
defined, there is no need for a specific datatype (EulerAngle). So we
could just have 3 class attributes.

- Using a specific datatype where angles are identified by a the name of
the rotation axis supposes we have a vocabulary for this, which is a bit
complicated for this purpose with the risk a implementation errors.

Take care of yourself.

LM

--
---- Laurent MICHEL              Tel  (33 0) 3 68 85 24 37
      Observatoire de Strasbourg  Fax  (33 0) 3 68 85 24 32
      11 Rue de l'Universite      Mail laurent.michel at astro.unistra.fr
      67000 Strasbourg (France)   Web  http://astro.u-strasbg.fr/~michel
---