Provenance DM WD review - invalidatedAtTime description

Ole Streicher ole at aip.de
Wed Jul 10 11:22:26 CEST 2019

Hi Mathieu,

this attribute was originally called "destructionTime" in our model,
which perfectly describes its intention (see the previous PR).

The name was changed by you to the W3C attribute name "invalidatedTime"
during the adaptation of the compromise model, specifically in commit
#5479 on Volute.

On my responses, and in the May Interop discussion, I responded that the
name change may be misleading, since it does not completely reflect the
semantics of that attribute. The compromise here was to add a sentence,
that has nothing to do with the validity of the Entities.

Since we are not really W3C compatible anymore (and need conversion name
tables elsewhere as well), maybe the clearer solution to go back to the
old attribute name here.

Best regards

Ole