Obscore 1.1 errata page

Laurent MICHEL laurent.michel at astro.unistra.fr
Tue Jan 8 09:26:38 CET 2019

Markus,

First of all: Happy New year DMers!

I'm sorry to insist, but the purpose of the errata is to make UCDs
consistent with the field definitions, not to change the definition
themselves.

obs_publisher_did and publisher_id are both defined as IVOA identifiers:

*Section 4.5* Publisher Dataset Identifier (obs_publisher_did)
The obs_publisher_did column contains the IVOA dataset identifier
(Plante and al. 2007)

*B.4.2.* Publisher Identifier (publisher_id)
The IVOA ID for the data provider as defined in the Spectrum DM.

The publisher_id definition references spectrumDM furthermore.

My personal comment on the substance is that multi-purpose columns is
not a good thing for a table used for data discovery. This would require
clients to run inferences on values to guess what they really are
(IVOAID, ORCID, ...)
This would turn back to a situation similar to access_url for which
clients have no way to guess whether the URL refers to a data product or
to a datalink.

Cheers
LM

--
---- Laurent MICHEL              Tel  (33 0) 3 68 85 24 37
      Observatoire de Strasbourg  Fax  (33 0) 3 68 85 24 32
      11 Rue de l'Universite      Mail laurent.michel at astro.unistra.fr
      67000 Strasbourg (France)   Web  http://astro.u-strasbg.fr/~michel
---