String Measurement with STC2

Laurent Michel laurent.michel at astro.unistra.fr
Mon Aug 26 17:26:41 CEST 2019

Hello DMers,

I'm experimenting the use of STC2 (Meas/Cood) for a proposal for a generic model for source data.

The idea is to use, as lond as possible,  STC2 measures for all quantities attached to one source.

My question is to know whether it is possible to have a Measurement with non numerical values.
I've 2 use cases:
- Object shape: a MOC or a STC string, both being possibly serialized as strings
- Object type: literal

Can I use Generic classes (GenericMeasure and GenericCoord) or should I extend meas:Measure with my own stuff?

Best
Laurent

--
jesuischarlie/Tunis/Paris/Bruxelles/Berlin

Laurent Michel
SSC XMM-Newton
Tél : +33 (0)3 68 85 24 37
Fax : +33 (0)3 )3 68 85 24 32