Time Series Cube DM - IVOA Note

Jiří Nádvorník nadvornik.ji at gmail.com
Tue May 9 16:58:33 CEST 2017

Hi All,

I have updated the IVOA note for Time Series Cube DM on
https://volute.g-vo.org/viewvc/volute/trunk/projects/time
-domain/time-series/time-series-cube/ivoa-note-1.0/ for those of you who
will be travelling to Shanghai to have something to read :). Mostly the
changes are related to functionalities and serialization being discussed on
the ASTERICS DADI Technology Forum 3 in Strasbourg (March) and the followup
activities and implementations. I have also attached the last PDF in this
email for immediate access.

For these we owe our thanks mainly to Mark Cresitello Ditmar and to Markus
Demleitner who implemented the first versions of the VO-DML serialization.
You can check how these look like when Time Series Cube DM uses them in the
Note - the examples have been rewritten in accordance to what we
implemented within the DaCHS services.

We have implemented also a live sample of how the serialization would look
like on our set of light curves. You can discover and play with time series
data (light curves) on our test TAP service:

http://vos2.asu.cas.cz/__system__/tap/run/tap

by executing something like

SELECT TOP 1000 * from ivoa.Obscore WHERE dataproduct_type='timeseries' and
access_url like '%extract_jul16/q/sdl/%'

This ugly access_url condition is needed because we have also other data in
there, namely SSAP datalinks which I will be explaining at the Shanghai
Interop next week, also with some guides how to use the discovery and
plotting in SPLAT.

Please note that this is a test (UAT) server where we will develop things
until (and possibly during) the Interop, so it is not the definition of
stable.

Cheers,

Jiri