Roadmap - checkpoint

CresitelloDittmar, Mark mdittmar at cfa.harvard.edu
Mon Jan 30 18:32:22 CET 2017

All,

I just wanted to touch base with everyone, review where we are on the
roadmap for Shanghai, and make a couple requests.
While the mailing list has been quiet, there has been quite a bit of
activity going on!   If there is anything that I can do to help
get/keep things moving, please let me know.  Also, if I've made any
mistakes below (or you want to elaborate), please feel free
to make corrections.

I'll put my requests up top here for those who don't want to read all of
this.. :)
  1)  Please make some time to review and provide feedback on the
Provenance working draft.  There were several discussion points included
with the submission notice.
  2)  On the VO-DML standard document, there were a couple comments which
were opened up to the group for input.  If you have opinions on those
items, please send in comments asap.. a new version of the document and
schema will be uploaded soon.

In the closing remarks for Trieste, we had a snapshot of our expectations
for January 2017.
Below is a summary
  o == goal
  * == current status  (to the best of my knowledge )

+ ObsCore-1.1
   o past TCG - ready for exec approval
   * [DONE] - notice to exec sent 12/2016

+ Provenance
   o working draft out to group for review
   * [DONE] - WD submitted 11/2016

+ DatasetMetadata/NDCube
   o continued working PR requirements (examples/validation)
   o integrate vo-dml and stc2 changes as needed
   * [IN PROGRESS] - have fully serialized VOTable examples of Chandra
Event lists (Sparse Cube) using current versions of dataset/cube and stc-2
models.  Should be made available to the group within a couple weeks along
with a Pixelated Image example.

+ STC2
   o restructure and focus scope to NDCube use-case.
   o new WD about this timeframe
   * [IN PROGRESS] - have been iterating on restructured model content and
implementation/usage in NDCube.
     New working draft goal for release by end of February.

+ VO-DML standard
   o approaching TCG review
   * RFC comments required some iteration in the document, which have been
implemented and are available in the Volute repository.  A couple important
(late) comments by Pat Dowler (implementing VO-DML compliant CAOM2 model),
and Arnold have spawned a couple more small changes.  A new version of the
document and schema are expected to be uploaded soon.

+ VO-DML Mapping
   o work alternate syntax with applications group
   * A face-to-face focus meeting was held recently in Baltimore.  Good
progress was made in reviewing the syntax in examples and laying out a plan
moving forward to Shanghai.

+ Source:
   o begin efforts to re-group project
   * I am not aware of any work to date on this project.

Looking good everyone!  Thanks for your efforts.
Mark