RFC period started for Obscore 1.1 [id, new: widths]

Marco Molinaro molinaro at oats.inaf.it
Thu Jun 30 20:58:07 CEST 2016

Dear DM,

> Not to belabor the point, but:

[...]

> On the other hand, ok, I noticed this too late.  If nobody else
> protests here, then at least for the next version I'd like to propose
> toning down the type schema to "integral" and "real-valued".
>
> Cheers,
>
>         Markus

I have a similar point, not on the model, but on the TAP_SCHEMA mapping.
Too late, as well, I submitted it to the authors only (maybe an error
in this case).
My concern is not on the time span a solution may reach nor the
specific element,
but on the type mapping re-written in this specification, instead of pointing
to the TAP mapping (to be revived in TAP-1.1).
It is related to Markus's point in the sense that I think that mandating
"integer", "floating-point", "string-thing", etc..should be enough
into this spec,
letting the mapping be worked out in the access protocol.

I agree with Markus that, if it is too late for current revision, I'd
like to discuss
this for the next one.

Cheers,
     Marco