RFC period started for Obscore 1.1/ ivo ID for the Tapregext record

Mireille Louys mireille.louys at unistra.fr
Sun Jun 26 22:38:24 CEST 2016

Dear all,

Just to summarize the discussion on the new identifier we expect to use
for publishing ObsTap services :

let me reformulate what I understood from the discussion :

1- for existing Tapregext registry records defining ObsTAP services
following ObsCore1.0

We do not expect to change existing registry records: the data model
IVOAID remains :

<dataModel ivo-id="ivo://ivoa.net/std/ObsCore/v1.0">ObsCore-1.0</dataModel>

2- for new services following Obscore v1.1 specifications

Tapregext should contain :

   <dataModel ivo-id="ivo://ivoa.net/std/ObsCore#core-1.1">ObsCore-1.1</dataModel>

following the new specification on IVOA Identifiers , version 2.0.
As a few changes happened in names, types, ucd in the TAP-SCHEMA tables
with addition of new terms for axes length,
ObsCore1.1 supersedes the previous version of ObsCore.
Then only one <dataModel ... > tag should appear.

The #core-1.1 extension allows adding extra tables to the Tap schema if
necessary,like :

ivo://ivoa.net/std/ObsCore#cube-1.2  as in Pat's example
ivo://ivoa.net/std/ObsCore#Prov-1.1  if we would like to bind a TAPschema table with simple provenance information, for instance.

If we could agree on this, I would be able to give a final editing step
to the spec.

Many thanks  for your comments and suggestions already given ,
Mireille