[vodml] WD comments

CresitelloDittmar, Mark mdittmar at cfa.harvard.edu
Tue Jan 19 18:57:02 CET 2016

Gerard/DMers,

With the couple element pattern restriction items which have come up
recently and my experience working with the xslt script for Modelio, I
decided to give the doc another full read/review.  Below are some
comments.. many I believe have been mentioned before on an earlier draft.
Most are typographical or consistency items between text and figures.

VO-DML document: V1.0-20151007

pg 15:Figure 1
  + Contraint is not an extension of ReferableElement
  + missing SubsettedRole

pg 18:Section 4.1.1
  + pattern shown here (and reported by validator), does not match that
     shown in the VO-DML/Schema snippet for "ElementID" on pg 19
      "[\w\._-]+"  vs "[\w\./_*]+"

pg 18:Section 4.1.2
  + already reported separately, the pattern enforced by the validator
      does not match the definition of xsd:NCName, namely by the omission
      of '.' and '-' characters... possibly others

      It would be helpful to have a pattern or short description here.

pg 18:Figure 4
  + description ends mid-sentence.

pg 18: footnote.. 'will be left out in from now on' => 'will be left out
from now on'

pg 20: VO-UML
  + 'This type has not explicit counterpart in VO-UML,'  s/b
     ' This type has no explicit counterpart in UML,'

pg 20: VO-DML/Schema
  + pattern shown here '[\w_-]+:[\w\./_*]+'
     a) indicates a pattern for the 'prefix', which is not stated in the
Model.name description
         I'm not sure what the validator enforces on this one.
     b) the ID pattern matche the previous schema snippet, not Section
4.1.1/validator pattern.

pg 22: VO-DML/XML
  + I'll mention it once here, but several of the XML examples don't
include the closing tag, which they probably should, for completeness..
makes it clear that there is nothing missing.

pg 22: Section 4.4.1
  + does not mention the pattern restriction shown above in the Schema
snippet
  + also, subsequent Schema snippet on pg 25 shows Model.name has type
"ModelPrefix"
     which does not exist in the document.

pg 24: Figure 7
  + profile tags for model stereotype do not match text and what is being
used in the IVOA_UML_Profile ('title', 'version', 'authors',
previousVersion' )

pg 25: VO-DML/Schema
  + above mentioned.. Model element 'name' has type 'ModelPrefix' which is
not in the document.

pg 26: Section 4.5.3
  + url type 'anyURL' is 'anyURI' in schema snippet of page 27

pg 27: Figure 8
  + modelimport stereotype tags do not match text and IVOA_UML_Profile.
     (version, url, documentationURL)
  + description states 'possible tags'.. isn't this defining the tags?

pg 32: Section 4.9.1
pg 33: Section 4.10
  + could use some clarification of the pattern restriction in light of the
list discussion.

pg 35: Figure 12
  + object has stereotype <<dataType>>, while description shows <<datatype>>

pg 39: VO-DML/Schema
  + '... and multiplicity that defines whether.'   ends mid-sentence.

pg 39: Section 4.14.1
  + element name == 'semanticconcept', but text references 'topconcept'.
     If I'm reading this right, the word "topconcept" is referring to this
element name "semanticconcept", and not the 'topConcept' attribute on the
SemanticConcept type.

pg 40: VO-DML/Schema
  + related to above, the element name should be 'semanticconcept'

pg 42: top of page
  + large space in final sentence.

pg 61: Appendix C
  + 'for generating such unique [word missing], and the following grammar
is built starting from [such s/b 'this'?] previous attemp'