Obsc ore 1.1 WD

CresitelloDittmar, Mark mdittmar at cfa.harvard.edu
Fri Oct 9 21:49:38 CEST 2015

All,

I do hope we get to spend some quality time on this topic soon (in Sydney?).
I find myself agreeing with different parts of different people's
statements!

+ I see Arnold's point about the event list being pixelated.
   I've been thinking along the same lines in the past couple days, so my
   earlier classification of the event list in the 'non-pixelated' group
may have
   been in error.
   The events are measured by a detector with finite pixel size and
integration time,
   and these are, at least for Chandra, recorded in the event list (ccd_id,
chipx, chipy)

+ But I not convinced that #events is the proper value for any <domain>_dim
field in ObsCore1.1

+ The element/descriptions of the ObsCore1.1 *_dim fields are directed at
the
   regularly sampled pixel array  (Simple Image array) use case.  My
earlier comments was
   simply that the document should be specific about the values to place
provide for this case
   AND what values to put for every other case (which I grouped as
non-pixelated).
   So, the language may need to be tweaked, but this statement should be
true.

+ We will need to have a review of how these fields should be populated for
each flavor
   of image/cube covered by the NDCube model.

Mark