Spectral 2.0 - Document update

CresitelloDittmar, Mark mdittmar at cfa.harvard.edu
Thu Jun 11 05:16:02 CEST 2015

Petr,

Thanks for the questions, I like to get input on use-cases which aren't
(perhaps) covered by the current model.  The scope and coverage of the
Spectral-2.0 model hasn't changed in some time.  Recall, that this document
has been through the PR and RFC stages, the latest updates have been to
address TCG review comments.

comments below:

On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 8:37 PM, Petr Skoda <skoda at sunstel.asu.cas.cz> wrote:

> Hi Mark and all DM members
>
> Unfortunately I do not have time to go through tiny details of SDM 2.0
> But I would like to be assured (by you) that there is a simple answer to
> these issues:
>
> 1) normalized spectra -  I mean continuum normalized (i.e the horizontal
> line of continuum is at 1.0)
> Those do not have by definition units - its just relative ratio - it was
> somehow defined in older SDMs as a ration and some reference (but no one
> defined yest how to refer to the description of contiuum) - in practise all
> usefull optical spectra should be continuum normalized by pipeline (or
> manually) already before ingesting in SSA services ....
> How to describe the Fluxunit and UCDs on flux etc ..... ?

I'd like to spend some time with you in Sesto to understand the particulars
of what would be needed to describe the continuum.  I think Mireille'
suggestion for the UCD and unit sounds about right..
There is this record in the FluxAxis ucd list for ucd, description, unit
respectively.
    "phot.flux.density;arith.ratio"   "Flux ratio of two spectra"  (empty
string)