[Spectrum 2.0] Comments

Louys Mireille mireille.louys at unistra.fr
Wed Jun 10 16:17:45 CEST 2015

/
Hi Mark, hi all,

Many thanks for the update and corrections in the document which
improves in clarity , namely for the observation , dataset Ids .
Only minor suggestions below.
My comments in slanted font:

stdRefPosition: appears first in 3.10 and is defined in 6.4 in the
datatypes. //
//that would help to have a reference link to the definition on the
first occurences in the text. /

p67.
/Dataproducttype enumeration list contains one literal equals to 'MIXED
Some combination of the other options'.//
//Are there any service implementations currently using this kind of
data product type?

The problem of //combined , and or complex datasets is not supported by
this Spectrum model.
There will be a discussion in Sesto In DAL on the use of DataLink and
existing models to tackle these situations .
/
p65.
The concept of the ”nu L-nu” or ”lambda L-lambda” luminosity flux, or
equivalently the
luminosity per logarithmic energy interval L(log nu), is a distinct
concept in the world of spectral
energy distributions - and it’s a di erent concept from the bolometric
luminosity, ff which has the
same units. The UCD board has not yet approved a UCD expressing this
concept; we have to
use phys.luminosity and infer the concept from the units.

/is this an implicit  request for a new UCD //? this can be taken into
account in Semantics //, I sent a request for that./

p97.
• A Photometry Filter may not be serialized in the same file as the
photometric sequence.
There is no mechanism for serializing a reference to another extension
within the same file.
It may be referred to via the keyword holding the reference URI.

/I am not sure I understand this paragraph : do we need an example here
to show //
//how to link an example of  a spectrum  (spectrumDM2.0 ) to a filter
description from Filter in PhotDM?/

/RefPos vs referencePosition://
//all Frame in the text use the attribute name 'referencePosition' but
the utype list uses 'RefPos' like in CoordSys.FluxFrame.RefPos//
//if the utype string does not matter why not homogeneise and use
'referencePosition'in the Utype string. //
//This will be generated this way //in both cases : VODML serialisation
or legacy utypes //, I suppose./

thanks , Mireille.

--
Mireille Louys	, Maître de conférences
Centre de Données ( CDS)		Icube & Télécom Physique Strasbourg, Pôle API