UCD for query

Mcglynn, Thomas A. (GSFC-6601) Thomas.A.McGlynn at NASA.gov
Tue Oct 21 19:52:51 CEST 2014

That's interesting.  Generally we've found that some quantitative
description of the energy min/max is more useful than arbitrary bands.
In the optical where there are a fair number of conventional response
curves such labels may make more sense, i.e., U, V, ... colors.  But the
UCD em coverage in HEA bands is pretty limited -- only three ranges in
the X-ray and we have 'hard' gamma-rays that are a few percent  of the
minimum energy detectable by Fermi much less Cherenkov telescopes and
the like.   So there's not really useful resolution using just UCDs.

     Tom