[SpectralDM] - UTypes changes

CresitelloDittmar, Mark mdittmar at cfa.harvard.edu
Sat May 3 19:55:23 PDT 2014

On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 5:45 PM, Douglas Tody <dtody at nrao.edu> wrote:

> So for example, in the latest (and earlier) SDM draft we have:
>
>     Char.SpatialAxis.Coverage.Location.Value
>
> Whereas in ObsCore and the ImageDM (and Char2) as of last fall:
>
>     Char.SpatialAxis.Coverage.Location.Coord.Position2D.Value2.C1

    Char.SpatialAxis.Coverage.Location.Coord.Position2D.Value2.C2

Ah.. Those are Char utypes, and the Spectral model has a simplified Char
model as per the original requirements.
You're suggesting that this revision should remove the simplifications and
reference the complete model. BTW, that would have to be Char-1.13 since
Char2 is not a recommendation.  Either way, Char uses STC Coordinates for
these.

For this update of the 2013 Spectral working draft,  the goal was to keep
the footprint fairly small.. making the Dataset level changes which were
pretty stable at that time.  We wanted to allow this doc (which has been
sitting idle) to move forward, as there are people anxious to use it.

Once the Cube work progressed further, and the Data sections became more
stable, another update would be needed, to bring it in line.