[SpectralDM] - UTypes changes

CresitelloDittmar, Mark mdittmar at cfa.harvard.edu
Fri May 2 14:28:12 PDT 2014

Doug,

The utype list of the latest draft should be pretty similar to the previous
version.
The Change Log is fairly detailed about what was modified.

All changes were in response to the request for these models to share a
core data model and are founded on the DM list discussion from Nov->Jan
on the separation of Observation-Dataset (see ImageDM Twiki).

The Cube model work has gone a step further, to separate Dataset from
ObsDataset,
but is completely compatible with what is in Spectral.  My expectation is
that
with the completion of the Cube model work, a definitive
"Dataset/ObsDataset Metadata" model
would be established (either in that doc, or as a separate one) for use in
Cube/Spectral/ObsCore etc.  The Spectral doc would be updated to remove that
portion from its content, and reference this other.

Mark