Cube/ImageDM - new diagram set.

CresitelloDittmar, Mark mdittmar at cfa.harvard.edu
Mon Mar 31 08:17:41 PDT 2014

All,

I have generated a set of UML diagrams which will form the basis for the
next draft of the Image/Cube model.  They are based on our discussions of
Nov -> Jan, on the observation-dataset relation, and the threads related to
Mapping, Provenance, etc..

The images are in Volute, under dm/CubeDM-1.0
I think everyone can see the images there...

https://code.google.com/p/volute/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2Fprojects%2Fdm%2FCubeDM-1.0%2Fdoc%2Fdiagrams

  ivoa datatypes detail.png
    + base datatypes used throughout.  equivalent to vo-dml 'ivoa'
      types with addition of "URL" and "URI" types stemming from
      existing 'anyURI' type.

  Char Model Overview.png
    + a very partial view of Char-1.13

  STC Model Overview.png
  STC Coordinates.png
  STC Types.png
        + my interpretation of the STC-1.33, using ivoa datatypes for
'primitives'

  STCMod Coordinates.png
  STCMod RefFrame.png
  STCMod Datatypes.png
    + modifications to STC-1.33 to support this effort.
       - simplified stdSpaceRefFrame
       - customRefFrame with modified Transform model with
         one Linear + one Non-Linear transform.
    + modified coordinate hierarchy and content to better
      correlate with Char content..
    + Define Interval datatype and use in place of [0..2] values.

  Dataset Overview.png
  Dataset datatypes detail.png
  Experiment Overview.png
        + Generic IVOA Dataset Metadata. Dataset and ObsDataset

  HyperCube Dataset.png
    + HyperCube dataset using above objects.

  Image Dataset.png
        + NDImage dataset using above object.

  Spectral Model Overview.png
        + Spectral Model using above objects.. This one looks
messy/complicated
           because it includes a lot of the content in one diagram.