ObsTAP.creator_name multiplicity

Douglas Tody dtody at nrao.edu
Tue Dec 9 15:52:22 CET 2014

Another way to look at this is that, for a data product combining data
from multiple sources, the "creator" is the entity that created the more
advanced data product (e.g., some software program or survey project),
the "creation type" identifies the type of processing done (e.g.,
mosaic, dither stack, etc.), and it is up to some separate provenance
mechanism, outside the scope of ObsTAP, to trace back to the original
input data products.  In this case the "observation" being described is
the execution of the software that produced the advanced data product.
The data product level will probably be 3 or higher to indicate that it
is such an advanced data product.  I would argue that Obscore can
describe such advanced data products at this level of detail.   - Doug